Here’s a little list of things I’ve been working on of late … I’d love to hear all about your recent successes, or works in progress, too 🙂
Poems (out now):
- ‘All the things I Kept’ in Cordite (Monster)
- ‘Strange Men’ in Southerly (Violence 78.3) – TW for sexual assault & violence
- ‘Night Drive’ came out a while ago now in Verity La
Scholarly stuff (out now):
‘The violent pacifist: Ethics and disorder in Sarah Waters’ The Paying Guests‘ (co-authored with the amazing Jessica Gildersleeve) English: Journal of the English Association, Volume 68, Issue 260, Spring 2019.
Queer Science Fictions (ed): a special issue of the peer-reviewed scholarly journal, Writing from Below. This super-great open-access journal issue includes an interview with Ellen Klages, and my article on James Tiptree Junior (‘His Unspoken Natural Centre’: James Tiptree, Jr as the Other I). The issue also includes an article exploring some of the intertextual connections in Rupetta by Daniel Hourigan and a great piece by Tara East on queer time travel stories (including one of my all-time favourites, Nino Cipri’s ‘The Shape of My Name’)
Writing and Researching (in) the regions (ed, with Lynda Hawryluk & Moya Costello): a special issue of the peer-reviewed, open-access scholarly journal TEXT: Journal of Writing & Writing Courses.
- Winter’s Tale (children’s novel, illustrated by Shauna O’Meara) coming soon from Twelfth Planet Press
- ‘A Song from Bedlam’ (poem) coming soon in Liminality
- ‘The Frog’s Prince; or, Iron Henry’ (short story) coming soon in Interzone
Coming … not SO soon:
Seven Darke Sisters an Australian fairy tale about seven sisters grappling to make sense of lives filled with magic. I’m about a month away from completion, and then off it goes …
So, what about you? What successes have you achieved lately? What are you working on? What’s in the pipeline?